Schedule a donation pick-up
Please read our COVID-19 IMPORTANT UPDATE for more information.
Thank you for your interest in donating to Habitat for Humanity ReStore! We can schedule a FREE pick-up of multiple items or larger items from your home or place of business within the Niagara region. You can also receive a tax donation receipt for the sales value (minimum $100) of the item(s) you donate.
View a full list of the items we accept.
Donation pick-up policy
All items must be cleaned, in working order and sellable to the public.
We will not accept items that are:
- Damaged, broken, stained or dirty
- Mildewed, moldy or water or smoke damaged
- Hazardous waste or solvents
- Items previously approved that contradict our guidelines such as odour, and any damages obscured from photos provided
Please understand that our driver does have the right of refusal based on the inspection of the item as we cannot incur a disposal fee.
Donation pick-up process
Please email pictures of the item(s) you wish to donate, along with your contact information to the ReStore nearest you:
- Our driver must be able to safely navigate the truck to be able to pick-up your donations.
- Please advise us of any low hanging wires in your driveway or other obstructions our dirver needs to be aware of.
- Remove any obstacles or hazards that might be in the way that could prevent the item from being picked-up.
- Please ensure walkways and driveways are accessible and free of snow and debris.
Where to put your items for pick up
All Habitat staff and volunteers have been instructed to make safety their top priority and not place themselves or our donors in any unsafe situations. On the day of your pick-up, please have all items placed outside of the home on ground level covered with a tarp or in the garage.
Please ensure the items are cleaned prior to donating.
- Most appointments can be made within 1 to 2 weeks.
- Pick-ups are made from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, subject to availability.
Thank you for respecting the work our staff and volunteers do, and for donating your valued items to help Habitat for Humanity Niagara!