Spruce up your home for less
With some decorating techniques and tricks, you can create a home that looks just like the ones in home décor magazines without breaking the bank.
Our Habitat ReStores have many (if not all) of the items to spruce up your home for less – and you’ll never pay tax. Plus, when you purchase items at our ReStores you’re helping to build homes for local families.
Did you know that many of the items available at our ReStores are new products that are donated from local businesses? In addition to gently used items from the community, we receive many new items from generous businesses who have overstock or out-of-season products.
Visit our Niagara ReStores often because every day is a new adventure!
Try some of these home decorating tips:
- Accent with accessories – you can find new and eclectic treasures.
- Update old hardware with new door knobs and cabinet hardware.
- Install a new backsplash, we have many choices of tiles to choose from.
- Add a new light fixture and light up the room; from table lamps to hanging lights and everything in between, our ReStores have many lights to choose from.
- Add visual space with mirrors; hanging mirrors and standing mirrors
- DIY a built-in feature by using bookshelves or a dresser.
- Add your own statement artwork and create a gallery wall. Our ReStores have lots of unique wall art (or just picture frames) to choose from for amazing prices.
- Add a centerpiece like something as simple as fresh cut flowers, or a tray with books and a candle placed on it and put it on your coffee table.
- Change your wall colour. Yes, we have paint too, new and unopened cans for a lot less than retail.
- Mix up your bedroom set or change out some key furniture pieces. We have loads of furniture to choose from, many items like hard to find mid-century modern pieces, vintage furniture, traditional pieces and some with a modern flair.
- Update your faucets. Updating your kitchen or bathroom sink faucet can provide a fresh new look.
- Add molding to your baseboard, ceiling chair rail or to frame mirrors.