COVID-19 IMPORTANT UPDATE
UPDATED JUNE 30, 2021
Habitat Niagara Office
Our office is closed to the public. Office staff can be reached by email, please visit Our Staff page for contact details.
We have put the below safety measures in place to help protect the health of our team and the community. Please be patient with us as these safety regulations may create longer wait times.
Store hours: Monday to Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Closed Sunday.
Donation drop-off hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Closed Sunday.
Please visit our online stores to browse, shop and support Habitat for Humanity Niagara. You'll receive a notification wh
Please visit our online stores at https://www.habitatniagara.ca/shop-online to browse, shop and support Habitat for Humanity Niagara. We'll provide either in-store pick-up or contactless curbside pick-up when you arrive to collect your purchase.
To continue to keep our team and community safe, we have implemented the following safety procedures:
Our team (staff and volunteers):
- Face masks will be worn.
- A COVID-19 screening form will be completed before each shift.
- Proper hand hygiene will be performed regularly.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Our team will continue to practice physical distancing (2m / 6ft).
- If you have traveled or feel unwell, please do not enter the building. Please read our customer screening sign.
- The number of people in each of our ReStores will monitored in compliance with current provincial rules.
- As per Niagara regional by-law, face masks are mandatory.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter and exit the store.
- Please respect our team and other customers by practicing physical distancing (2m / 6ft).
- Follow floor route markings.
- As an additional precaution, we will not be providing tape measures, please bring your own.
- Our washroom facilities will not be open to the public.
- We ask that you consider paying with credit card or debit to avoid cash handling.
ReStore Donation Procedures:
Our ReStores will accept donations Monday to Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Closed Sunday.
- See a list of items we accept.
- We aim to provide contactless donation drop-off and ask that you stay in your vehicle when you arrive at our donation centre, someone will assist you.
- When our team member arrives, please roll down your window and inform them of your donation/item pick-up.
- Remain in your vehicle upon unloading and reloading.
- All donations will be quarantined for 24 hours, cleaned and disinfected prior to being placed for sale in the store.
- See a list of items we accept.
- We will continue to provide contactless donation pick-up, however we ask that you be patient as we have limited resources. Please contact the store to schedule your donation pick-up.
- On the day of your pick-up, please have all items on the ground level outside of your home covered with a tarp or in the garage.
- Remove any obstacles or hazards that might be in the way that could prevent the items from being picked-up.
- Please ensure walkways and driveways are accessible.
Kitchen Removal and Salvage Program
We have developed safety protocols to keep our salvage team and donors safe during the kitchen removal process. Please visit our FREE kitchen removal and salvage program page on our website to learn more.
As always, you are welcome to bring in your cabinets for donation or contact the ReStore nearest to you to make arrangements for pick-up.
Construction of Habitat homes
Construction of our Habitat homes continues so that we can help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. We are currently seeking businesses to join our Habitat Build Day program for our upcoming Fall build.
We are always in need of volunteers. Please visit our Volunteer Opportunities page for more information.
To help protect our team from COVID-19 we have implemented health and safety protocols. Volunteers will complete a COVID-19 screening form before their shift, wear a face mask, perform regular handwashing, and practice physical distancing. COVID-19 training will be performed on the volunteer's first shift.