Women Build is a movement of Niagara women who combine their efforts, skills, networks and muscle to help bring awareness to the cause of affordable homeownership.
See photos from Women Build 2015! Read all about our first Women Build in 2015!
NO CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
Skilled Crew Leaders will teach you all you need to know.
A HANDS ON EXPERIENCE YOU WON'T FORGET!
The 2017 Women Build consists of teams of 6 women that will be building a semi-detached home for TWO families in Niagara Falls from August to December.
Through Women Build, volunteers work together, developing their handywoman skills and confidence, as they saw 2x4's, pound nails, install doorways and build hope.
These two houses will become homes for two local families, one with five children living in overcrowded, unsafe conditions, while the second will be an accessible home for a family with four children, one of whom requires a wheelchair.
This is your chance to get involved and make a difference! You can form your own team in your workplace or with friends and family, or we can match you with a team.
For more information or to reserve your build day, please contact Dawn Marie Cavasin, 905-685-7395 x204 or email@example.com
Every participant is asked help fund the Women Build build through fundraising:
- Individuals are asked to raise a minimum of $250 per Build Day
- Corporate teams are required to donate a minimum of $2,500 per Build Day
- Donations over $20 will receive a charitable tax receipt
NOTE: These funds help us to purchase the materials, services and land to build Habitat homes. If you are unable to fundraise your minimum amount you will be asked to donate the remainder of the amount on your build day to complete your fundraising goal.
For tips on how to fundraise effectively, click here.
SEE AVAILABLE DATES FOR THE WOMEN BUILD BY CLICKING HERE.
A Build Day package includes:
- Exclusive build site access for 6 people
- Skilled Crew Lead to lead your team
- Special 'Women Build' t-shirt
- Lunch and snacks throughout the day
- Thank you letter
- Certificate of appreciation (Corporate)
- Team photo on build site
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Niagara’s social media pages (Corporate)
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Niagara’s website (Corporate)
- Recognition of your team on electronic Build Updates
- Appreciation plaque for donations over $5,000 (2 Corporate Build Days)
- Invitation to the Dedication and Key Ceremony
- Invitation to all Habitat Niagara events
Frequently Asked Questions Find out what you need to know by clicking here.