Habitat for Humanity Niagara recognizes your right to privacy and pledges to protect it. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
When visiting our website, our web server automatically logs (records) domain name and standard information about the operating system and web browser you are using, as provided by your web browser. This information is used for statistical purposes to help us manage our site, but it does not identify you in any way.
We collect personal information about you only if you volunteer it in through on-site registrations and/or make a donation. We may use this information to contact you for support purposes and to answer questions you submit to the site. All information is kept confidential.
If you supply us with your mailing address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information about new programs and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending an email or by calling us at the telephone number below. Please provide us with your exact name, email and mailing address. We will then remove your name from our list.
Habitat for Humanity Niagara, through third party services; uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to ensure the integrity and privacy of the personal and credit card information you provide when you make an online donation or register for an event.
We maintain records of all contributions to Habitat for Humanity Niagara. All information is kept private and confidential, stored in a secure location and accessible only by authorized staff.
Habitat for Humanity Niagara ReStore Refund Policy
No refunds or returns.
Complaints Policy and Procedure
Habitat for Humanity Niagara is committed to providing excellent service. We recognize that, from time to time, there may be concerns or complaints and that our stakeholders have the right to raise such complaints or concerns.
This policy sets out the process for addressing concerns and complaints which stakeholders, including donors, funders, supporters, program participants and the public, may have with Habitat Niagara. A complaint may be about our services, programs, fundraising, donor relations, volunteer relations or communications.
We are committed to addressing your complaints in a timely, fair and respectful manner while ensuring you are provided with updates throughout the complaint process.
Complaint Resolution Procedures
1. If you have a complaint or concern about your experience with Habitat Niagara or any of its ReStores, you are encouraged to talk with the staff person that is your primary contact, or has the specific knowledge that is needed to resolve the issue. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Habitat Niagara at 905-685-7395 and your complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate staff person. Complaints may be received by mail, email, phone or in person.
2. In order for us to be able to respond to your complaint, you must let us know you wish to make a complaint, provide your name and contact information (including valid email and phone number), the date the issue occurred and a description of the issue.
3. The initial acknowledgement to your complaint will occur within 2 business days and a resolution within 10 business days.
4. If the complaint is transferred, the recipient must acknowledge to the transferor that the individual has received it and will act on it.
5. The person who initially receives the complaint should acknowledge to the complainant that the complaint has been received and will be acted on either by themselves or another employee.
6. For any complaint involving money or that cannot be resolved immediately (on the same day it is received) the Habitat Niagara staff person assigned to your complaint will document your concern along with the final resolution or decision. All donor complaints will be documented in the donor’s record.
7. A final decision concerning your complaint will be discussed with you at the end of an investigation into your complaint.
8. If your complaint is not resolved, or if you are uncomfortable discussing the issue with the relevant staff person, the complaint should be escalated to the relevant Senior Manager. If the Senior Manager cannot resolve the complaint, it will be escalated to the Chief Executive Officer. If the complaint is related to the CEO, you may direct the complaint to the Board Chair, who will work with you to resolve the complaint. Every effort should be made to resolve escalated complaints within an additional 10 business days.
9. It is the responsibility of the CEO to provide the Board with an annual summary on the number and type of complaints received.
10. Habitat Niagara reserves the right to choose not to respond to complaints judged as unfounded.
Habitat for Humanity Niagara
150 Bunting Road,
St. Catharines, Ontario