Dreaming of owning a home but don’t qualify for a bank mortgage?
With a little help, we all have the potential to stand on our own. Habitat for Humanity Niagara builds strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. Together with our donors, sponsors, partners and volunteers we bring communities together to build safe and decent homes for families across Niagara. Families purchase a Habitat home through a no-down payment, no-interest mortgage with affordable monthly payments based on income.
Habitat Niagara is looking for families in need of decent, affordable housing, who would benefit from a $0 down payment, 15 year 0% interest mortgage with affordable payments.
- Are you living in poor housing conditions or have high rent compared to your income?
- Is your family size three or more people?
- Are you a permanent resident of Canada?
- Do you receive at least $2,000 monthly income (before taxes) from employment, disability or pension?
- Do you have a total household monthly income (before taxes) of at least $2,850? (Include half of Child Care Benefits and Support. Do not include Ontario Works, Employment Insurance, GST/HST or Trillium)
*Note: Maximum income by size of family applies
You may be eligible! Click here to learn more and find out how to apply.