COVID-19 IMPORTANT UPDATE
UPDATED JUNE 30, 2020
As a socially responsible community organization, it is important that we do our part to help manage any risk in spreading the COVID-19 virus therefore we have taken measures to ensure the health and safety of customers and team members is our number one priority.
Please be patient with us as these new safety regulations may create longer wait times.
Habitat Niagara Office
Our office will remain closed until further notice. Office staff can be reached by email, please see Our Staff webpage for contact details or send us a message through our Contact Us form.
Construction Site and Habitat Build Day Program
We are working with our partners at Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board to create a plan to restart the Building Futures and construction programs to safely continue to build at our Port Colborne site.
Unfortunately, our Habitat Build Day program is suspended until further notice.
All of our Niagara ReStores are OPEN with limited hours. We have put the below safety measures in place to help protect the health of our team and the community.
New Store Procedures:
- All staff will wear face masks or face shields.
- Handwashing will be performed hourly along with regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces.
Store Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
- If you have traveled or feel unwell, please do not enter the building.
- We are limiting the number of shoppers in the ReStore.
- We encourage you to wear a face mask.
- Please enter and exit the store by using the appropriately marked doors.
- We encourage you to use hand sanitizer when you enter and exit the store.
- Please respect our team and other customers by using physical distancing (2m / 6ft).
- Follow floor route markings.
- As an additional precaution, we will not be providing tape measures, please bring your own.
- Our washroom facilities will not be open to the public.
- We ask that you consider paying with credit card to avoid cash handling.
New Donation Procedures:
Donation Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- We aim to provide contactless donation drop-off and ask that you stay in your vehicle, someone will assist you.
- When our team member arrives, please roll down your window and inform them of your donation/item pick-up.
- Remain in your vehicle upon unloading and reloading.
- All donations will be quarantined for 48 hours, cleaned and disinfected prior to being placed for sale in the store.
- We will continue to provide contactless donation pick-up, however we ask that you be patient as we have limited hours and resources. Please contact the store to make arrangements.
- On the day of your pick-up, please have all items on the ground level outside of your home covered with a tarp or in the garage.
- Remove any obstacles or hazards that might be in the way that could prevent the items from being picked-up.
- Please ensure walkways and driveways are accessible.
Kitchen Removal and Salvage Program
We have developed new protocols to keep our salvage team and donors safe during the kitchen removal process. Please visit our FREE kitchen removal and salvage program page on our website to learn more.
As always, you are welcome to bring in your cabinets for donation or contact the store to make arrangements for pick-up.
Our volunteer rectuitment is suspended until further notice.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make adjustments as necessary. Please continue to check our website and follow our social media channels for further updates.
. . . and above all, thank you for supporting Habitat for Humanity Niagara!