COVID-19 IMPORTANT UPDATE
UPDATED AUGUST 28, 2020
As a socially responsible community organization, it is important that we do our part to help manage any risk in spreading the COVID-19 virus therefore we have taken measures to ensure the health and safety of customers and team members is our number one priority.
Habitat Niagara Office
Office staff can be reached by email, please see Our Staff webpage for contact details or send us a message through our Contact Us form.
Construction Site and Habitat Build Day Program
We are working with our partners at Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board to create a plan to restart the Building Futures and construction programs to safely continue to build at our Port Colborne site.
Unfortunately, our Habitat Build Day program is suspended until further notice.
All of our Niagara ReStores are OPEN and we have put the below safety measures in place to help protect the health of our team and the community. Please be patient with us as these new safety regulations may create longer wait times.
New Store Procedures:
- All staff and volunteers will wear face masks and complete a COVID-19 screening form before their shift.
- Handwashing will be performed hourly.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Store Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (closed: Sunday and Monday)
- If you have traveled or feel unwell, please do not enter the building.
- We are limiting the number of shoppers in the ReStore.
- We encourage you to wear a face mask.
- Please enter and exit the store by using the appropriately marked doors.
- We encourage you to use hand sanitizer when you enter and exit the store.
- Please respect our team and other customers by using physical distancing (2m / 6ft).
- Follow floor route markings.
- As an additional precaution, we will not be providing tape measures, please bring your own.
- Our washroom facilities will not be open to the public.
- We ask that you consider paying with credit card to avoid cash handling.
New Donation Procedures:
Donation Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm (closed: Sunday and Monday)
- We aim to provide contactless donation drop-off and ask that you stay in your vehicle, someone will assist you.
- When our team member arrives, please roll down your window and inform them of your donation/item pick-up.
- Remain in your vehicle upon unloading and reloading.
- All donations will be quarantined for 48 hours, cleaned and disinfected prior to being placed for sale in the store.
- We will continue to provide contactless donation pick-up, however we ask that you be patient as we have limited hours and resources. Please contact the store to make arrangements.
- On the day of your pick-up, please have all items on the ground level outside of your home covered with a tarp or in the garage.
- Remove any obstacles or hazards that might be in the way that could prevent the items from being picked-up.
- Please ensure walkways and driveways are accessible.
Kitchen Removal and Salvage Program
We have developed new protocols to keep our salvage team and donors safe during the kitchen removal process. Please visit our FREE kitchen removal and salvage program page on our website to learn more.
As always, you are welcome to bring in your cabinets for donation or contact the store to make arrangements for pick-up.
We are in need of volunteers for our ReStores. Volunteer opportunities are available from Tuesday - Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Please visit our Volunteer Opportunities page for more information.
To help manage the risk of spreading COVID-19 we have implemented health and safety protocols. Volunteers will complete a COVID-19 screening form before their shift, wear a face mask, perform hourly handwashing, and practice physical distancing. COVID-19 training will be performed on the volunteer's first shift.