Habitat Build Day
A Habitat Build Day is a fun and interactive way to give back to your community!
Come build with us! No construction experience required! Habitat Niagara’s Build Day povides organizations, service clubs, churches and even groups of friends with a unique way to give back to their community and learn a new skill. A combination of build hours and financial contributions doubles your group’s impact
Whether your staff or group have never swung a hammer or are already skilled in the construction field, they can all be part of our Build Day program.
As a Build Day team member, you help to pay for the building materials and the land which greatly helps with the construction costs and directly benefits a Habitat partner family - while taking part in a rewarding and powerful team-building experience! Funds can be raised in many different ways. Some organizations choose to make a contribution on behalf of its participating individuals or match the amount the individual raises, others encourage employees to seek pledges or organize fundraising events.
You can form your own team in your workplace or with friends and family, or we can match you with a team. *Participants must be 16 years of age or older
Every participant is asked help fund the build through fundraising, these funds help us to purchase the materials, services and land to build Habitat homes.
- Corporate/Business teams are required to donate a minimum of $2,500 for a day onsite
- Teams of Friends - individuals are required to raise a minimum of $250 per person for a day onsite (Individuals will be asked for a $25 per person registration fee via credit card to secure their spot, this donation is tax receiptable. Therefore, an additional $225 must be raised to meet the minimum $250 donation).
NOTE: Donations/sponsorships must be submitted ONE WEEK in advace of your confirmed build day. NO DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE BUILD SITE.
A Build Day package includes:
- Exclusive build site access for 6 people
- Skilled Crew Lead to lead your team
- Habitat for Humanity Niagara exclusive build t-shirt
- Lunch and snacks throughout the day
- Recognition of your team on electronic Build Updates
- Invitation to the Home Dedication Ceremony
- Thank you letter (Corporate/Business)
- Commemorative team photo certificate of appreciation (Corporate/Business)
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Niagara’s social media pages (Corporate/Business)
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Niagara’s website (Corporate/Business)
- Appreciation plaque for donations over $5,000 (2 Corporate/Business Build Days)
- Thank you letter from the homeowner family (Corporate/Business)
How to Participate
Please click here to see a list of available locations, dates and how to register.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out what you need to know by clicking here.
For more information please contact Karen Dolyniuk, Chief Development Officer, 905-685-7395 x205 firstname.lastname@example.org